Are you looking for a fun new snickerdoodle recipe? How about this Easy Snickerdoodle Popcorn? You can make it in under 20 minutes and everyone will love this classic snickerdoodle flavor!
Why Make Snickerdoodle Popcorn?
If you need a simple, quick dessert that everyone will love, this snickerdoodle popcorn is for you. It can be made in under 20 minutes with only 5 ingredients.
It also holds well for up to 3 days. You can make this ahead of time for snacking or whatever you are serving it for.
This is a great food-giving gift. Package this up in a cute little bag or other boxes, and give it to your friends, family, or even new neighbor.
- Granulated sugar
- White chocolate
Steps In Making The Snickerdoodle Popcorn
- Pop the popcorn. Whether you are using microwave popcorn or making it at home, this step is the same.
- Move the popped popcorn to a large bowl and remove as many kernels as you can.
- Mix the cinnamon, sugar, and salt together.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn and mix it well.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mix over the popcorn and mix it in.
- Let the popcorn set and the chocolate harden.
Notes About The Easy Snickerdoodle Popcorn
- You can use either microwave popcorn or popcorn popped at home. If you are using microwave popcorn, just omit the salt from the recipe. The popcorn is already salty enough!
- I like to add about 2 teaspoons of coconut oil to my white chocolate when melting. This is optional, but I love how creamy it makes it.
- This popcorn is best stored at room temp. However, if your house is pretty warm in the summer, store it in the fridge. Otherwise, you will have a gooey mess!
History Of The Snickerdoodle
The snickerdoodle cookie came from Dutch and German immigrants to the United States. It gained its popularity in 1891 when a recipe for it was published in a New York newspaper.
How To Pop Popcorn In A Pan
Start with a large pan. The popcorn will pop to about 6 times its normal size so keep that in mind when you are putting it into the pan.
Then, add your oil to the pan and allow it to heat. I use about 2 tablespoons of oil per ¾ of a cup of popcorn.
Throw a couple of kernels into the hot oil. When these kernels pop, the oil is hot enough. Add in the rest of the popcorn and cover with a lid quickly. It will pop within just a few minutes.
When the popping slows, the popcorn is done. Take it off the heat and also remove the popcorn from the pan.
The residual heat in the pan will continue to cook and burn the popcorn if you don't take them out quickly. It is also important to take the lid off quickly as that captures a lot of moisture.
That's it! It's a little bit more time-consuming than microwave popcorn but very easy to make.
Gifting Ideas For Easy Snickerdoodle Popcorn
This is a really great gift idea for friends and family, especially during the holidays. It also could be used as an awesome treat for teachers. They are really cute wrapped in a clear gift bag and tied with a beautiful ribbon, raffia, etc.
Other Simple Dessert Ideas
- Raspberry almond shortbread cookies
- Simple carrot cake cookies
- Quick strawberry mini donuts
- Easy superfood dark chocolate disks
- Orange shortbread cookies
- Whole wheat spritz cookies
- Lemon cookies with lemon drizzle
Easy Snickerdoodle Popcorn
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons granulated or coconut sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1- 1 ½ cups melted white chocolate
- Pop Popcorn.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. Then, in another smaller bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- Melt chocoalte in the microwave. I like to do this in 30 second increments, stirring after each one.
- Pour the chocolate over the popcorn and mix well.
- Before the chocolate hardens, pour the cinnamon sugar over it and mix well.
- I like to let this harden on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- To speed up the process, you can also place the pan in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- This popcorn holds well for about 3 days.
- Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!