If you are looking for a refreshing drink to cool you off, let me suggest this Best Summertime Virgin Sangria!
What Makes This Drink So Good?
Sangria is the best combination of fruits and juices. It brings the best of so many worlds together.
This drink is really simple to make and can also be made well in advance. I love to use this with meals that I have other so many other dishes to coordinate. I can put this together beforehand and it is ready to go when the meal is ready to serve.
This fruity drink is refreshing. On hot summer days when hydration is low, this will help bring it back up to better levels.
- Assorted fruits- I used a blend of oranges, lemons, lime, and apples. You can add in whatever you like to use!
- Assorted fruit juices- For this drink I used a blend of orange, grape, and apple.
- Sparkling water- I love Perrier sparkling water.
How To Make
A lot of what I used is citrus. Use these in any variation you want. Make sure and wash these well before adding them to the drink. I found a few great blood oranges. Slice them about ¼ inch thick. I used oranges, limes, and lemons. You can also use apples, grapes..really whatever you are into.
Add them all to your pitcher. Look at how beautiful all the citrus are in the pitcher??
I normally like to mix orange, apple, and grape. Tree Top had an apple grape blend, so I used that. It was pretty great. Honestly, if you can make your own juice, that is even better! So, pour this over your cut fruit.
This concoction goes in the fridge for a few hours or even overnight. You will want all these yummy flavors to meld and blend together.
Sangria is typically made with red or white wine and a variety of fruit juices. This is of course a non-alcoholic version, so we leave out the wine.
The types of fruits and juices that are used in this drink can vary. I gave you my recommendations in this recipe, but also know you can branch out. How about slicing some grapes and adding them? Or you could also peaches, pineapple, and nectarines.
I added orange, apple, and grape juice to my drink. There is of course such a huge variety of juices you can use as well.
This drink will hold well for 2 days, 3 if you are really pushing it. I think it is at its best within the first 30 years.
Other non alcoholic drink options
Are you looking for other non alcoholic drink options? I've got your covered with plenty of other ideas. These are all so popular in our house. Give them a try. Find a great seat on the front porch and RELAX!
The Best Summertime Virgin Sangria
- 4 cups assorted sliced fruits I used a variety of citrus- blood oranges, lime and lemons. You can also add in apples, grapes etc. I don't really like to use berries as they break down so fast. You can add them towards the end though, as they are beautiful in the drink!
- 6 cups assorted fruit juice, chilled I used a blend of orange, apple and grape.
- 3 cups sparkling water, chilled optional, but I really love the added carbonation.
- Add sliced fruits to pitcher. Pour in fruit juices. Place in fridge for at least 2 hours, up to 24. This will give the fruit and juices time to meld and blend flavors. When you are ready to serve. Pour sangria into serving glasses. I like to fill mine about ½-3/4 the way full. Fill the remaining with the sparkling water. Now, find a comfortable seat on the porch and enjoy this glass!! You deserve it.