The Perfect Blueberry Vinaigrette. Are you looking for the perfect dressing to top your dressing, this is it!! It is made with yummy fresh blueberries that pair perfectly with white vinegar. If you are looking for a new dressing to bring your salad up to a new level, this is it!
You guys- we made the best food find this past weekend. On a food tour we took in Boise, we discovered an olive oil and vinegar taproom called Olivin. They have some of the most amazing high quality olive oils and vinegar. I only bought 2 bottles of olive oil and 1 vinegar, but I am already making plans to go back. This recipe was inspired by my recent visit and the Sicilian lemon white balsamic I purchased. When I say it was amazing, I’m not exaggerating. It’s so delicious.
Assembling The Perfect Blueberry Vinaigrette
So, start with a good quality white balsamic.
To a small food processor, add blueberries, minced garlic, salt, vinegar, olive oil and honey. Pulse until it’s smooth. That is it. Done!
I used it to top a lovely salad. The base was spinach. I topped with blueberries, white peaches, pepitas, sliced almonds and feta. Even though the salad was beautiful, the dressing definitely stole the show. I could eat this every single day!
It was vibrant and beautiful! Plus so healthy. I am sure this could fit into any healthy lifestyle there is out there!
- Food processor or blender
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries I guess you could use frozen, but it wouldn't have the same consistency or texture.
- 1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white lemon balsamic. Link in post. If you don't have the lemon white balsamic, no problem. Any other balsamic will do. Or you could even use a sherry vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Throw all ingredients in small food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth. This is so good, you could practically drink it. Of course it is best served over a green salad, roasted beets, fruit salad, watermelon, etc. There are so many options. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!