Sometimes you need a really simple dessert to throw together. This one is just one of those desserts. Although it does take time to set up, the actual prep time is about 10 minutes. I can really get into a dessert like that!
It has an Oreo crust, which we love, a layer of ganache, coconut cream layer, whip cream and top it all with toasted coconut.
I use prepackaged pudding, but a trick I use to get a creamier more solid is exchanging most of the milk for heavy cream. To up the coconut flavor, I like to use coconut flavoring and plenty of shredded coconut. Plus, toasted coconut on top helps with this as well.
I generally like to whip my own heavy cream, but as I am already simplifying this recipe, I figured I would cut this corner as well by using cool whip. It’s so easy.
Coconut and Chocolate Pie- No Bake
- 3 cups crushed Oreos
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk, hot I put mine in the microwave for about 25-30 seconds.
- 5 ounces vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons imitation coconut flavor
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, divided Toast 1/4 cup.
- 3 cups cool whip
- If you are making your own Oreo crust, combine the crushed Oreos and melted butter. I used a food processor to pulse my Oreos. If you want to skip this step, just buy the crust already made. If not, combine the Oreos and melted butter. Press into pie pan. Put into the fridge or freezer while you prep your other fillings.For the ganache, add chocolate chips to a bowl. Heat your milk and add it to the chocolate chips. Let this sit for a minute or 2 and mix until all chocolate is melted. If you need to, microwave it for 10 second intervals until it is all melted. Pour into prepared crust and return to fridge. Let this set up for several hours. I am not sure how long this takes as I made it the night before and then worked the pudding filling the next day. It should take about 2-3 hours though. Now, mix the pudding mix, heavy cream, milk, coconut flavoring and 1/2 cup shredded coconut. Mix for several minutes until it is combined and starting to set. Pour over top of the set ganache and return to the fridge. Let this set up for another hour or so. Toast your 1/4 cup coconut. I spread it on a pan and baked it at 375 degrees for about 7 minutes. Make sure and move it around occasionally until it is all toasted. Allow to coolTop with whip cream. Last is the toasted coconut. Return to fridge and let it set again. I really like to leave this overnight. So, this is a great make ahead dessert. Perfect for your holiday meal. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!