This Simple Cranberry Orange Mocktail is a great drink any time of year, but especially during the winter months. Maybe you are looking for the best non-alcoholic drink for your Christmas Eve or Christmas day get-together? This simple-to-make mocktail is it.
What Makes This Mocktail So Good?
Well, cranberry orange. That says it all, doesn't it?? They are so good together and the best combo for the winter months.
This is simple. If you are using it for a party as I always do, this is the easiest food you will be preparing. It comes together in a minute and with minimal effort and minimal ingredients.
Speaking of ingredients, these are all easy to find. Some of those holiday recipes have you searching all over the store trying to find everything, but not this one!
It is beautiful. This is a really pretty drink and perfect for decorating the holiday table.
The best part of this drink is how simple it is. There doesn't need to be a lot of planning or stress. Grab 3 easy to find items from the store and you're done! Check it off the list and it is ready to go. Not everything about meal planning and party planning needs to feel overwhelming!
So, what exactly will you need? Are you ready for this?
- Cranberry Juice- I love RW Knudsen for mine, it is pure cranberry juice and really delicious. If you can't find it, or have another preference, go for it.
- Orange Juice- I prefer fresh squeezed here, but if you don't want the time or mess, just buy it.
- Vanilla or cream soda- I like to use Henry Winehard's. Gingerale is a great option as well. You can also just use sparkling water if you don't want the soda in your drink.
- Sugared Cranberries- optional, but they make a pretty topping. You can also just skewer cranberries on toothpicks for an easier option.
How To Make
Are you ready for the easiest part? Add in our cranberry juice, orange juice, and soda or sparkling water. I like to use 1 part cranberry and 1 part orange to 3 parts soda or sparkling water.
Combine them in your glass or make a pitcher of it. Mix gently to incorporate.
I like to top mine with sugared cranberries. I realize this is time-consuming, so read below and see if it is something you are interested in.
So, that is it! Done!
I topped our drinks with candied cranberries. Yes, this is extra. It took a little more time, but it was really pretty. I included the recipe below, but here are the basics. Make a simple syrup, 1 part granulated sugar to 1 part water. Cook to dissolve the sugar.
Pour over your cranberries and mix well. Spread these on a cooling rack and allow them to sit for about 45 minutes. Then sprinkle with sugar and mix to coat. Once that layer has been set for a while, I sprinkle on a touch more. They hold well for several days, so can be made in advance. In this drink, they sit perfectly on top of the ice.
This drink is so simple, but I really recommend making it right before you are ready to serve. You do this to keep the carbonation, but also the flavors taste better serving right away.
There are plenty of juice and soda options out there, so mix it up if you feel inclined.
If you are using the sugared cranberries, I don't recommend adding them until right as you serve. Other the sugar crystals will dissolve and just aren't as pretty. If you want to skip making the sugared cranberries, you can also just skewer a few cranberries to dress up the drink.
FAQ Cranberry Orange Mocktail
If you are new to the flavor combination, let me just say, YES! They are so good together. A true match made in heaven.
It sure is! an 8-ounce cup provides almost 40% of your vitamin C recommended daily allowance.
In this case, it is vanilla soda or sparkling water.
More Cranberry Options
- Cranberry Pound Cake
- Chicken Salad with pecans and cranberries
- Easy Cranberry Syrup
- Simple Cranberry Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Cranberry Swirl Brioche Loaf
Cranberry Orange and Vanilla Mocktail
- 1 cup pure cranberry juice
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 4 cups vanilla soda We prefer Henry Winehards vanilla cream, but use your favorite if you have another!
- In each of your servings glasses add ¼ cup cranberry juice, ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice, and 1 cup vanilla cream soda. Mix gently. Serve chilled with ice or room temp. They are good both ways! I like top mine with candied cranberries for decorations or even orange slices. These are best served immediately.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!