If you are looking for a simple summer drink that will hydrate and refresh, let me introduce you to my Quick and Easy Watermelon Mocktail recipe.
What Makes This Watermelon Mocktail So Good?
It is so hot this year! Our little city in Idaho had the hottest day this summer since 2007! With all this hot weather, you need a drink to beat the heat!
Watermelon is one of the most hydrating foods you can eat, which makes this the perfect drink for hot summer days. Watermelon is 92 percent water, so this drink mix is great for cooling off and rehydrating off!
This mocktail is good for all diets and food restrictions! This is vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, keto, etc. All of your friends can enjoy this delicious drink!
Another reason to try this drink is the perfect combination of flavors. You simply cannot beat watermelon, mint, and lime on a hot day!
- Fresh Watermelon
- Sparkling Water- I used Perrier, but you can always use your favorite brand.
- Sugar- It takes just a touch as the watermelon is so sweet to begin with.
- Mint Leaves
How To Make The Best Watermelon And Lime Mocktail
- Cut your watermelon into large chunks. Don't stress perfection here, they are just getting blended up anyway.
- Add the watermelon, lime juice, and sugar to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- You can strain this, but it is much healthier if you leave it all in the drink.
- Fill your glass about halfway with the watermelon juice. Or if you are making this in a pitcher to feed a crowd, fill it halfway.
- Add in mint leaves and lime slices.
- If you are using ice, add it now.
- Fill the rest of the way with sparkling water.
- That is it! You are done!
Notes On Making The Watermelon Spritzer
In order to keep the best flavor, do not use lime juice concentrate. If that is all you have then it is fine, but fresh is best in this drink.
This juice will hold well for about 2 days. Store it in the fridge, and just remember to shake well before using it again.
Juices using fresh fruits do not last a really long time. Fresh fruits break down faster than concentrate or pasteurized juices. There is nothing wrong with this, but just know it won't last as long.
If you would like to change this recipe, you can use flavored sparkling water if you want. Just substitute for the amount you would normally use. You can also switch out the mint for basil for another twist to the original drink.
Health Benefits Of Watermelon
One of the best things about watermelon is the amount of water in it. Watermelon has one of the highest water contents of any fruit, which helps you to stay hydrated and also makes you feel more full after eating it.
Watermelon is also a super healthy fruit. It is very low in calories, but high in important things like vitamin A and C, carotenoids, and healthy amino acids.
FAQ Watermelon Spritzers
Yes!! I love a watermelon and strawberry combo. You can also add lemon or orange juice instead of lime. Peaches are also really good with watermelon. Just be sure and blend it well.
I love plain perrier, but I also think that cucumber sparkling water is really good with this drink. Or even orange sparkling water. How about vanilla?
Yes! I wouldn't hold it for more than 2 days. For serving, it is best made and consumed within a few hours. Just remember to mix it up before serving. The watermelon will settle and separate.
I am sure you can. I don't drink alcohol, so I cannot give you recommendations here.
Other Non-Alchoholic Drink Ideas
- Strawberry mango agua fresca
- Pineapple strawberry agua fresca
- Vanilla pomegranate fizz
- Cranberry orange and vanilla mocktail
- Summertime virgin sangria
- Cherry limeade
Quick and Easy Watermelon Mocktail
- blender or food processor
- 6-8 cups watermelon chunks
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- sugar to taste I used about 2 tablespoons. You can also use honey if you prefer
- lime slices
- fresh mint leaves
- 1 quart sparkling water
- Place watermelon, lime juice, and sugar in blender.
- Blend until it is smooth.
- Taste for flavor. Add in more lime juice or sugar as needed. The sweetness really depends a lot on your watermelon, so adjust as needed.
- Fill your glass halfway with the watermelon juice.
- Add in lime slices and a few mint leaves.
- Fill the remaining way with ice and sparkling water.
- That is it! Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!
- This juice will hold well for about 2 days. If you plan on holding this for more than an hour, do not add in the sparkling water. Wait until just before you serve.