I promise you will be surprised at just how good these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies Without Flour really are. Having a cookie without any flour at all might sound weird, but I promise, these cookies will change your mind!
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
The flavor. Who doesn't love a good peanut butter cookie? How about one that is loaded with chocolate chips? Even better.
These cookies will work for those who are sensitive or have allergies to gluten as there is no flour in this recipe. You won't need to worry about anything!
These have the perfect light texture to love in a cookie! I am a soft and chewy cookie person, so these are my favorite!
- Peanut Butter- I used crunchy, but creamy works too.
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips
How To Make These Cookies
These are very simple to make, let me show you how!
Start by creaming your peanut butter and brown sugar together. This will take 30-60 seconds. Then add the eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
Next, add in the oats and baking soda. Mix again to combine. Last in are the chocolate chips. Mix.
Scoop onto your prepared baking sheet. I like to use parchment paper for easy cleanup.
We always prefer a soft, slightly chewy cookie, so I only bake these until the edges are very lightly browned.
You can also use natural peanut butter in this recipe. If you do, just make sure to chill the dough before baking. I recommend at least 1-2 hours.
These cookies are best if you let them cool just a little after baking. Without any flour, they will break apart really easily if they aren't cooled slightly.
You can use any type of chocolate chip you like. I used semi-sweet, but also love dark chocolate in these too. If you want milder chocolate go for milk or even white!
In this recipe, there is a good chance they have not cooled. This is really important in a cookie with no flour!
If you use natural peanut butter, yes!! If not, it isn't necessary, but you can do it.
Yes! The texture will be a little different and you may need to add in salt. If you have an unsalted natural peanut butter, I would recommend adding ½ teaspoon salt to the batter.
Other Cookie Recipes
- Brown Butter Pecan Cookies
- Apple Doodle Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Rye Cookies
- Dried Cherry and Dark Chocolate Cookies
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup peanut butter I used a crunchy peanut butter. You can also use a natural or other nut butter. Make sure you CHILL your cookies before baking if you do. It is in the instructions anyway. You can get away without chilling with regular peanut butter, but not with natural or other nut butters.
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup regular oats You can also use quick oats, if that is what you have!
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips I used a semi sweet as that is what I have, I prefer a dark chocolate though!
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment and set aside.In medium sized bowl, add in the peanut butter an sugar. Mix on medium high speed until well blended, about 30-60 seconds. If you are mixing by hand, you might need to mix a little longer. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix again, this time only to combine. It should take no longer than 10 seconds. Next is oats and baking soda. Mix again to combine. Be sure this is mixed well for even distribution of the baking soda. Last up is your chocolate chips. These only need to be mixed until they are combined as well. Now, scoop your cookies onto baking sheet. They spread, but not too much. I did 12 per sheet, a 3 cookie x 4 cookie grid. Place cookies in fridge to chill for about 20 minutes. While they are chilling, preheat oven to 350 degrees.Once they have chilled, remove from fridge and place in oven. Bake until they are lightly browned around the edges. Mine took right about 8 minutes. This will depend on the actual heat of you oven, thickness of pan, thickness of cookies, etc.With these flourless cookies, it is best to allow them to cool for a few minutes before trying to remove from the pan, as they don't have the structure cookies with flour have. So, allow to cool for a fer minutes, then move to a cooling rack. These are delicious warm with a cold glass of milk or however you take them! Everyone will be so surprised this a flour free cookie, it does not taste or have the texture of one! They are so good!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!