Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake. Are you looking for a creamy peanut butter cheesecake, I have just the recipe. If you haven't made a cheesecake in your instant pot before, you need to! It is so simple to make and comes out perfect every time.
Why Do You Need This Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake?
If you love peanut butter and chocolate, the answer is simple- it's the ultimate combo. This cheesecake is also really simple to make, and turns out perfect every single time!
Layers Of The Cheesecake
- Oreo Crust- This is so easy to make and comes together in minutes.
- The creamy peanut butter filling- If you are into peanut butter, you will love this.
- Ganache- The creamy filling pairs perfectly with the creamy ganache.
- Candy bar topping- You can choose any peanut butter/chocolate combo you prefer.
The second appliance I love to use is my Cuisinart Food Processor. I use it for the Oreo crust and it makes light work of it! The Oreos can always be put into a bag and rolled with a rolling pin if preferred.
You will also need a springform pan, a regular cake pan will work as well, but springform is so much easier to use. A pan that pulls away easily from the cheesecake. I love my 7-inch Nordicware Pan.
How To Make The Oreo Cheesecake Crust
If you have never made an Oreo crust, you will be surprised at just how simple it is. Crush the Oreos and add in melted butter. Mix well, and press into your pan!
The Peanut Butter Filling
The peanut butter filling is really simple to make. Simply blend all your ingredients together and pour over the crust.
Baking The Cheesecake In The Instant Pot
Here are a few notes on baking a cheesecake in the instant pot.
- Cover your springform pan with tinfoil. It is really humid in the instant pot and you don't want it dripping onto the cheesecake top.
- You will need some way to easily remove the cheesecake from the instant pot. I used my trivet that came with it, but they also sell tall trivets for easier removal. That trivet is on my wishlist!
- You can also create a tinfoil sling if you don't have the tall trivet. This is an inexpensive way to solve the solution.
- Your cheesecake might crack a little, don't stress about this, the top is covered in ganache, then candy bars, so no one will see that anyway!
Here is the top of my finished cheesecake. See the cracks? Once it was finished, no one even knew!
Candy Bar Topping Recommendations
This is a peanut butter cheesecake with chocolate crust. I like to use a peanut butter and chocolate candy bar for topping. I used Take 5 as I love them! But there are tons of options out there.
- Reese's is a classic of course- There are a lot of variations of this candy bar.
- Snickers Peanut Butter
- M&Ms Peanut butter
- Clark Bar
- Reese's pieces
- Dove Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Plus many , many others
Other Instant Pot Dishes
- Homemade Yogurt
- Whole Grain Steak Buddha Bowl
- Osso Buco, Pressure Cooker
- Gluten-Free Vegetarian Grain Bowl
- Butternut Risotto
- Beef Stew
- Chicken Tostadas
- Einkorn Breakfast Porridge
- Steak Bites and Mushrooms
No! You can use any pressure cooker. Cooking time and instructions are the same.
I wouldn't recommend it, it is so much oiler. If you do try it, I would love to hear in the comments.
Yes! I love chocolate, so I add it in wherever I can. You can easily leave it off. Just press the candy bars gently on the top to get them to stick.
Yes! Wrap it well before freezing. It will hold well for up to a month in the freezer. Bring to room temp before eating. Just know too, the candy bars might be a little soggy when you bring them back to room temp. If you are able, freeze without the candy bars. You can add them later.
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- pressure cooker, 7-inch springform pan
- 1 cup crushed oreos
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter You can use crunchy if you prefer
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 ½-2 cups peanut butter candy bars chopped for topping.
- 8 ounces chocolate chips I used dark chocolate, but use semi sweet or milk chocolate if you prefer.
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Mix oreos and melted butter. Pat into springform pan.
- Mix the cream cheese, peanut butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and sour cream together until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Cover the pan carefully with tinfoil.
- Place trivet in instant pot. Add in about ¾ cup water to the bottom of the pan. Set pan carefully on the trivet.
- Secure the lid on the instant pot, set to pressure cook high for 45 minutes. Make sure your lid is sealed.
- Once the cooking time is up, do a quick release. Then, carefully remove the cheesecake.
- Set on a cooling rack, remove the tinfoil, and cool for several hours.
- Then move to the fridge. I like to chill at least 4 hours.
- Now, heat your heavy cream in the microwave until it is really hot, about a minute.
- Pour over the chocolate chips and let it sit about 2-3 minutes. Stir until smooth. If your house is cool, you might need to throw this in the microwave another 30 seconds.
- Spoon the ganache over the peanut butter cheesecake.
- Top with your chopped candy bars.
- This cheesecake will stay good for up to 4 days in the fridge! Once everything has set, wrap in saran wrap.
- Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it.