In our house, sweet and spicy are a necessary. I love everything with a little bit of spice, but also a little sweet as well. Peach and habanero is one of our very favorite combos, but we also love peach and jalapeno.
This is a super simple salsa, it took less than 5 minutes to throw together. We like to eat it plain with chips, but it is also great on fish or chicken as well.
Start with ripe, but not mushy, peaches.
Next is the jalapeno, red onion and cilantro.
That’s it, mix the ingredients together. If you like, you can also drizzle it with a touch of honey and lime. I like it just like this though.
It’s like a party in your mouth!
Peach Jalapeno Salsa
- 3 peaches, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces ripe, but not mushy
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
- This salsa is so, so simple. Are you ready for it? Combine all ingredients. That's it. Serve it with tortilla chips, pita chips or even serve it over fish or chicken. Its amazing. If you would like, drizzle with honey and a little fresh lime juice. If you want it a little hotter, exchange the jalapenos for habaneros and add in about 2 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne). The red pepper is of course a variation. Add more of less, depending on how spicy you want it. Now sit back enjoy, you deserve it!