If you are looking for a way to make the most out of peach season, you really need to try this Easy Peach Jalapeno Salsa. It is so simple to make, less than 10 minutes, and it is so versatile. You need this recipe!
What Makes This Salsa So good?
This recipe takes advantage of the fresh peaches, using the sweetness of the peaches to create a beautifully sweet and spicy dish. Perfect for these summer days!
It is simple to make. You can make this salsa in less than 10 minutes, easy! The chopping of the ingredients takes the longest time, but even that isn’t a big deal.
The salsa takes advantage of fresh ingredients, that is where the beauty comes from. Also, look for a local source and use them!
Another great thing is this recipe can be used for so many things. Yes, it makes a great dipping salsa, get out your favorite tortilla chips. But, it is also really good on fish tacos, pork chops, grilled chicken, etc. It is great to top your favorite proteins with. Or if you prefer carbs, how about this easy peach salsa on toast points?
- Peaches- make sure these are fresh peaches, no canned will not do! Sweet peaches will make this salsa what it should be. Also, while you want juicy peaches, you do not want them to be mushy.
- Jalapeño peppers - Again, fresh jalapenos are best. You can use canned jalapenos, but I do not think they are as good.
- Cilantro- Fresh cilantro here as well.
- Red onion- I make sure to mince these finely. You could also use a yellow or white onion if you like. Or, if you are going for a milder flavor, you could do shallots as well.
How To Make This Recipe
Start by prepping all your ingredients. This will take a little time, I like to finely chop the jalapenos and red onions. With the peaches, I don’t chop those as small, but it will be up to you. This is chunky salsa though, so don’t stress too much about exact sizes or anything.
You can also throw ingredients in the food processor if you want to make this even more quickly. If you are doing this, I would add the peppers and onions first. Get them finely chopped, then add in the peaches and cilantro.
Once the ingredients are all chopped, mix them together.
That is it and the recipe is done! When I said earlier that this is an easy recipe, I meant it! This easy peach salsa recipe is just so simple!!
Notes For Making Peach Salsa
There are a few things to know when you start making this recipe. This is a fresh peach salsa, so choose your fruit carefully and make sure they are ripe peaches. Fresh produce is key here.
If you have never worked with hot peppers before, there are some things to be mindful of. Wearing gloves is the safest way to work with them. This will keep the juices off your finger and under your fingernails.
If you aren’t using gloves, wash your hands really, really well after you finish. Make sure as you wash your hand, that you clean under your fingernails too.
Another thing to know is to not touch your face when you are working with them. We unconsciously do this many times a day. So, think about this when you are cutting!
This salsa can easily be made several hours in advance of serving time. In fact, I like the flavor much better a few hours later.
Here are a few changes you can make to this salsa if you are wanting to mix it up a little.
You can sprinkle it with salt. I don't have this in my recipe, but I know some people love adding salt. If you wanted, you could also add a sprinkle of black pepper or even white pepper. Another spice you can add is chili powder. I love that added kick and the new flavors it brings.
You could add in some sweet pepper too. Red bell pepper is beautiful in this salsa. If you don't want to use red pepper, green peppers are less expensive.
I did not add olive oil, but you can also give it a little drizzle of this if you like!
A squeeze of lime juice is also really good, so maybe consider that when you are making your salsa.
FAQ Peach Jalapeno Salsa
You sure can! Some of my favorites to use are habaneros and serranos. You can also use a chipotle pepper if you like, for the smoky flavor. I like anything that will give it that kick of heat!
Nectarines and plums also make a really good salsa, try those!
I think it is at its best within 2 days. You can let it go longer, but then peaches get a little mushy.
Other Peach Dishes
Peach Jalapeno Salsa
- 3 peaches, chopped into ½ inch pieces ripe, but not mushy
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onions finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro finely chopped
- This salsa is so, so simple. Are you ready for it? Combine all ingredients. That's it. Serve it with tortilla chips, pita chips or even serve it over fish or chicken. Its amazing. If you would like, drizzle with honey and a little fresh lime juice. If you want it a little hotter, exchange the jalapenos for habaneros and add in about 2 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne). The red pepper is of course a variation. Add more of less, depending on how spicy you want it. Now sit back enjoy, you deserve it!
Delicious summer salsa recipe! Absolutely refreshing and our guests devoured it! Definitely making this again soon.
Thank you Maria!! I'm so glad you guys liked it, it's one of our family favorites!!