Remember my lemon pull apart bread from several weeks ago? Well, here is another variation. This is one everyone in your family will love. What about a PIZZA pull apart bread?!? Yes, it's just as delicious as it sounds.
Plus, here's another video to go with it. We are getting better. Still not awesome, but getting better! I'm excited.
Start with a brioche dough, without as much sugar. Refrigerate overnight.
The next day, roll dough to 14x24 inch rectangle. Make sure your surface is good and floured. Not too much flour, but enough to ensure the dough doesn't stick when you are rolling it out.
The easiest way I have found to do this, is cut your strips first, then as you layer them, fill them. With the lemon bread, you spread everything first, then layer. With the pizza bread, this is just too messy.
So, cut the dough into strips, horizontally. I cut 5 strips. With the first layer, spread with sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni. Continue to layer dough with sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni.
Next cut the layers into slices about 3 inches long. Put into a parchment lined 9x5 bread pan.
Allow to double.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Once bread is doubled, place in hot oven.
Bake for 30-45 minutes. Top should be very golden brown and when you pull apart the center layers, the dough should be cooked through.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
Remove from pan as soon as you are able.
Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 6 eggs, room temp.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-4 cups marinara this is a variable, depending on how much sauce you want on it.
- 3-4 cups mozzarella Again a variable depending on how much cheese you want.
- ½ cup parmesan
- 1 package pepperoni you could also use Canadian bacon, or even leave it vegetarian and add veggies to it
- Combine water with yeast. Allow it to activate, this takes 3-5 minutes. Add yeast mixture to mixing bowl, with remaining ingredients. Mix on medium until dough is smooth, mine took about 6 minutes. Transfer to a greased container, large enough for the dough to rise in over night. The next day, pull dough from fridge. Roll dough to a 18x24 inch rectangle. Cut dough horizontally into 5 sections. Take one section and layer with sauce, then cheese, then pepperoni. Add another section and layer the same until all 5 sections are done. Cut the layered dough into about 4 inch pieces. Layer pieces into parchment lined pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Allow to rise until doubled.Bake about 35-45 minutes. I checked the doneness of the bread by pulling apart the center layers and making sure it was baked properly. Remove from oven. Allow it to cool for a few minutes, then remove from pan.This is best enjoyed warm, although my boys ate on it even after it had cooled and didn't complain. 🙂Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!