Are you looking for simple meal prep recipes? Let me tell you, this Turkey Meatballs Meal Prep Recipe is a recipe you need to add to that list!
Why Make These Meatballs?
Not only do these meatballs work well for meal prep, but they are really delicious too. They are loaded with veggies that give the mild ground turkey really great flavor.
It is simple to make. Add all the ingredients to a large bowl, mix well, form into the balls, and bake. Done. I love doing this for meal prep because it is so simple.
It is easy to reheat. Throw these in the microwave for about a minute and it is done!
- Ground turkey- I use the 93/7 blend of ground turkey, but if you have another blend you prefer, use it.
- Grated parmesan- this adds flavor and also moisture.
- Bell peppers- Peppers add such a nice flavor to these meatballs.
- Spinach- you can use other greens if you like, but spinach is my go-to
- Eggs- these are not only for a binder but also for texture and moisture as well.
- Minced garlic- another great way to add in flavor.
- Salt and pepper- I kept the seasonings simple for this recipe as it doesn’t need much.
How To Make
This recipe is really simple, let me show you.
Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Mix until it is well combined. I like to do this with my hands so it doesn’t get overmixed. They will get dense if they are over-mixed.
Form the turkey mixture into balls. I made mine a pretty good size, about ¼ cup. Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper. You can skip the parchment paper, but it makes cleaning up so simple.
Place in the oven and bake. Remove them when the time is up, allow them to cool, and package how you want.
That is it!!
- Turkey will cook very quickly and will dry out if it is overcooked. Remember not to overbake these meatballs.
- The mixture needs to mix in really well. I like to do this by hand as it is a large amount, but also because it keeps the meatballs lighter.
- When you are reheating these meatballs, only reheat until they are just hot, again too much heat with dry them out.
- I love to serve these with some kind of carb rice, potatoes, etc. Or even with a side salad or other steamed veggies.
Turkey and Chicken Recipes
- Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- How To Cook Chicken Sausage
- Chicken Enchilada Soup Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Turkey Meatballs Meal Prep
- 3 pounds ground turkey, I like to use the 93/7 mix.
- 1 cup grated parmesan This is optional, but adds a lot of flavor.
- 1 cup finely chopped bell peppers
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Next, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Form into balls. Mine were about ¼ cup size.
- Place them on the baking sheet with about an inch or 2 between each ball. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Then I like to turn the heat to broil and let them cook another 5-7 minutes. This will just add a little color to the tops of the meatballs.
- Keep in mind, if you make smaller meatballs than I did, you will need to adjust that cooking time.
- Remove from oven. Allow them to cool slightly before storing them in the fridge. They will stay good for up to 1 week.
- I like to serve these with a salad, whole grains, or steamed veggies