This is another, quick pressure cooker meal. It comes together so quick. I love balsamic with just about anything, but this beef was exceptionally good! Although I use white balsamics a lot, but for this one I like a dark. Plus, the color is just beautiful with the beef.
You can either buy stew meat, where it is already cut in chunks, or cut your own, like I did. I used a top round. It is an inexpensive cut of beef, so I use it frequently.
Don't stress too much about each piece being an exact size, just fairly close.
Turn pressure cooker on saute setting, pour in olive oil. Once it is heated, add in beef. Saute until it is browned.
Add in remaining ingredients and mix.
Cook on high for 8 minutes, quick release. Then turn to saute again and let this beef and sauce reduce and thicken. Remember to stir occasionally. It will depend on the heat of your pressure cooker, but mine took about 8 minutes.
We served our beef with a tri colored quinoa and parmesan zucchini. We also sprinkled everything with a little garlic salt. It really set it off! This dinner came together so quickly, everyone was loving life!
Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!
Balsamic Beef- Pressure Cooker
- 2-3 pound roast I used top round, as it is inexpensive. If you want to save time on this, buy stew meat. It is already cut in chunks.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced or chopped, your choice.
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper omit if you aren't into spicy foods.
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- Heat pressure cooker on saute setting. Add oil and let it heat. Next is the beef. Cook this about 3-5 minutes until the beef is browned. The rest of the ingredients go in, mix well. Put lid on and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Do the quick release and remove lid. Now, you will want the sauce to thicken. Turn the setting to saute again. Stir occasionally until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. Mine took about 8 minutes. We served our beef over quinoa, rice or even potatoes is awesome as well. Now, sit back and enjoy. You just made an amazing dinner with little effort!