Do you love a good, classic ice cream float? These delicious Cherry and Cream Ice Cream Floats are one you are going to love! With only 4 ingredients and it coming together in under 30 minutes, this is a treat you are going to want!
How Hard Is It To Make?
Not hard at all! Roasted cherries will take the longest, but even that isn't hard. Plus, they can be made well in advance, making this simple to throw together at the last minute.
Also, let's talk about the money you will save by making these at home rather than buying them out somewhere!
So roast your cherries, blend them, mix them with cream soda, serve it over ice cream! That is it!
- Cherries- Tart cherries are best if you can find them, if not sweet it great too
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream- I mean, you can always use another flavor if you prefer
- Cream Soda
Roasting The Cherries
Let's start with the cherries. Pull out the stems, pit the cherries, and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Mix in your sugar.
Roast the cherries until they are SLIGHTLY tender and juices are released.
Add them to your food processor or blender. I love my Cuisinart food processor and have had it FOREVER.
Process the cherries until they are pretty smooth. I added a little water as there wasn't enough liquid in the cherries to get it as smooth as I wanted.
Making The Cherry and Cream Ice Cream Floats
Now, pour your pureed cherries into a carafe or pitcher. Then add in your cream soda.
Add in equal parts cream soda. You can use any soda you prefer, but I love that vanilla flavor of cream soda!
Assembling the Cherry Vanilla Floats
Now, let's assemble. Add your ice cream to the chilled glasses. I like to use a lot of ice cream. Like, a lot.
Pour your cherry vanilla sauce over the ice cream. I leave a little space on top to add in more cream soda.
Love that foam on top! So, add as much as you possibly can.
Top with a cherry or 2 and you are good to go!
Other Cherry Recipe
If cherries are your thing, let me share a few other recipes you might like!
- Cherry Vinaigrette
- Dark Chocolate and Dried Cherry Cookies
- Cherry Slab Pie
- Blueberry and Cherry Galettes
- Cherry Limeade
Cherry and Cream Ice Cream Float
- baking sheet, food processor or blender
- 3 cups fresh cherries I love tart, but you can also use sweet if you prefer. Pit these.
- 3-6 tablespoons granulated sugar 5-6 tablespoons for tart cherries, 2-3 for sweet cherries
- 1 quart ice cream
- 2 liter cream soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment. This isn't necessary, but makes cleaup easier.
- Add cherries to your baking sheet and sprinkle with the sugar. Mix to combine.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 7-15 minutes. The cherries will release their juices and become tender.
- Remove from the oven and scoop the cherries into your food processor or blender. Blend until pretty smooth. You might need to add in a little water, I added in 2 tablespoons. This will depend on the water content in your cherries.
- Once the mixture has cooled, mix it with the cream soda.
- Scoop ice cream into your serving glasses. I like to chill these before serving. Pour the cherry cream mixture over the ice cream. Remember to tilt your glass to the side to reduce too much foaming.
- Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!