Green Salad With Strawberries. This salad is everything that is good in this world. It is loaded with so many good things, I think you will just love it!
Components Of The Green Salad With Strawberries
I started with a base of baby greens and spinach, added an avocado rosette, pecans, cucumbers, sliced strawberries, and homegrown microgreens. Top it all with a balsamic poppyseed dressing, and you have a little touch of perfection. You guys, this Green Salad with Strawberries is everything!
How To Make Avocado Rosettes
These avocado rosettes are really extra, but if you want to pretty up your salad, this is a great way. You will want to start with an avocado that is just barely ripe, it needs to be a little firm still. Cut it in half.
Peel off the outer peel. This is where is it best to have an avocado that is still firm. Otherwise, you just mush the avocado trying to peel it.
Now, slice that avocado thinly lengthwise.
Fan the thin slices out.
Curl the slices in on themselves, forming the rosettes.
Sara from A Food Lover's life and her husband Chris have the best tutorial on growing microgreens, they are the ones who inspired me to grow mine. This was my first time doing it, and let me tell you, it is so simple! If you haven't grown them before, give them a try. I am cutting the microgreens for this salad a little early, but they were still really good. I grew radish and they had such a nice peppery flavor.
Assembling The Green Salad With Strawberries
Assemble your salad as you like.
Poppyseed balsamic dressing
Sorry, I didn't grab any photos of me putting together the dressing. I will include the recipe below, but just know, you add ingredients all at once and mix. Super simple.
You really could use any vinaigrette you want, this one just felt right today!
Looking for other salad ideas?
If you are a strawberry lover, let me give you a couple other recipes you might like!
- I love these fun little Strawberry Mini Donuts.
- This Strawberry Cake With Lime Buttercream is also really delicious!
- Strawberry and Cream Rolls are also really tasty!!
Poppyseed Balsamic Dressing
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar I used a dark vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Add all ingredients to small bowl. Whisk well to combine. You can serve right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Make sure if you have stored it for a period of time to mix well.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!