This Healthy Carrot Salad is so good y’all! It is light and oh-so-tasty. I really don’t care for the traditional carrot salad, the mayo is just too much for me! This is a spin-off. It is carrots, sunflower seeds, pecans, craisins all topped with a maple vinaigrette. it’s amazing. I promise you!
Using A Spiralizer
I decided to be a little extra and spiralize my carrots. I know, it’s not necessary, but it is so pretty! Here is the spiralizer I use. It is a little spendy, but there are plenty of other options out there that get great ratings.
See….it’s pretty isn’t it!
Putting Together The Healthy Carrot Salad
Now, you can add in whatever you want. I chose sunflower seeds, pecans, and craisins. A little something sweet, something salty, and something crunchy. Any dried fruits and nuts you want to add in is perfect.
I don’t buy any pampered chef tools, but I sure do love this chopper!
I love glazed carrots with maple syrup, so I knew I wanted to use it for the vinaigrette.
Assembling The Healthy Carrot Salad
Everything is ready, let’s put it all together!
Now the dressing. I generally only put a touch on, but this dressing is so good, we used all of it!
If you bought a bag of carrots and need some other recipes to use, let me give you a few recommendations.
- This Pomelo Carrot Cake is one you will love. That combo is awesome!
- I also love these Carrot Cake Cookies and they got gotten great reviews!
- These Carrot Cake Pancakes are so good too!
Healthy Carrot Salad
- 4-6 cups grated or spiralized carrots
- 1 cup add in of choice I used sunflower seeds. pecans and Craisins. The possibilities are endless!
Maple Syrup Vinaigerette
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Construct you salad. Mix all ingredients for dressing. Shake or mix well. Pour over top of salad and serve immediately. If you want to prep this as a make ahead, you can make the salad and dressing separately up to 2 days in advance. Combine just before serving.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!
No way! It is a pretty way to present the carrots, but you can just as easily julienne or even grate them!
Yes. Just make sure you hold off on the dressing until serving.
Without the dressing, I would say up to 4 days.
I love any type of dried fruits- raisins, craisins, dried apricots, figs,etc. I love walnuts, pecans, cashes, and even almonds for nuts.