The zucchini just keeps coming…..and, so do the recipes. Thankfully, it’s a very versatile vegetable. It lends itself to plenty of different dishes and baked goods. These lemon zucchini muffins are the another good example.
I always start my recipes with grated zucchini by grating the zucchini first. I like to let it sit for a bit before I squeeze to release the liquid. So, grate and set aside while you mix the rest of it.
Next mix your flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Get your zest ready next.
Next, get your wet ingredients ready. In this recipe, it will include the eggs, greek yogurt, oil, lemon zest, sugar ( I realize this isn’t wet, but in most cases it’s mixed in with the wet for quick breads.)
My son caught a cool photo of me cracking an egg. I had to get it in here.
I’m not too particular about the Greek yogurt I use. I just prefer the nonfat plain, the rest is up to you.
It will look broken, but just give it time. Mix the dry in and everything will be okay.
Squeeze out your zucchini. I got about 1/4 cup from mine. That is pretty substantial.
Here’s what it looks like squeezed and ready to use.
Careful not to over mix. You don’t want tough muffins.
Bake until slightly under baked, just remember it will continue to bake even once it is removed.
These are really pretty healthy muffins, I think you will love them!
Such a lovely crumb!
Lemon Zucchini Quick Bread
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour you can also use all purpose or gluten free flours.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup oil use any neutral flavored oil or butter you choose.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup grated zucchini remember to squeeze and remove all the liquid.
- 1/4 cup milk this can be a milk of choice. I used vanilla almond milk, you can use what you like.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Prepare pans. I used muffin pans, but you can also use an 8×4 pan as well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl and set aside.In another bowl, combine the oil and sugar. Mix. Add in eggs, greek yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk.Mix the wet and dry, and only combine. Don't over mix. Last add in the grated zucchini. Fold in carefully. Scoop in pans. I love to use a portion scoop to make sure you have equal amounts in each pan. Bake until toothpick inserted comes out pretty clean. Remember, it will continue to bake even when you remove it from the oven, so I always under bake just a touch!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!