If you are looking for something simple to make with the kids for a Halloween dinner, I recommend Simple Spider Pizzas. These are a whole lot of fun to make and they are very versatile. You could make these for the whole month of October!
Why You Should Make These For Halloween
These pizzas are so easy and versatile, they are a must-have Halloween recipe. This Halloween spider pizza recipe is a big hit in my house, and I believe it will be in yours, as well. You can easily make these with the kids, making this recipe kid-friendly and fun for the whole family.
If you have a picky eater in your house, you might find that dinner can be a big battle. The beauty of these little mini pizzas is that they are truly versatile and your picky eater can put toppings they enjoy on their own pizzas.
Not to mention, we really like simple recipes in our house when it comes to themed food, and these are no exception. I like to make my own dough, but if you are in a hurry, you can simply use English muffins.
- Pizza Dough- Recipe included, or you can buy premade dough.
- Pizza Sauce- You can make your own or buy a marinara sauce.
- Cheese - Mozzarella cheese, sliced or grated
- Black Olives
- Your Favorite Toppings!
How To Make The Mini Pizzas
- Start by cutting your dough into proportional amounts for your mini pizzas. Keep in mind that your dough will expand by double or triple.
- Roll your dough into flat round disks.
- Spread your marinara onto your disks.
- Add mozzarella to the top of the pizza. Add any additional toppings you’d like.
- Cut olives into spiders.
- Bake the pizzas on a black baking sheet until the cheese is melted and the edges of the crust are golden brown.
- Place the spiders on the pizza after they are cooked to avoid squishy spiders.
To cut the black olives into mini spiders, you’ll need to cut the olives in half lengthwise. One half will be the body of the spider. Take another olive and cut it in half widthwise. One half will be the spider’s head. Then take another olive and cut it in half lengthwise for the legs. You can then cut those lengthwise pieces into legs.
Cutting the spiders can feel a bit tedious. I recommend that if you have children old enough to use a knife, that you get them involved to help you. The process is a lot more fun when you can share the job with your little ones.
No. I used leftovers that I already had on hand that was sliced. You can grate your cheese if you prefer. Really it’s down to preference and what you have available to you.
While it won’t give you the same effect, you can use a variety of other toppings to make your pizzas how you prefer. You could cut pieces of pepperoni or sausages into spiders. Get creative and come up with your own ideas!
You can make them all the way, then reheat them before serving. Or you can Form the pizzas, grate the cheese, and cut the olives. Then right before the party, you can bake the pizzas. When everyone gets there they can put the spiders on their pizza.
More Halloween Recipes
Dough for flat breads, pizza and french bread
- 4 cups cool water
- 8.5-10 cups all purpose flour This can also be subbed for a whole wheat or even partial if you prefer.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 teaspoons instant yeast
- Mix all ingredients in mixer for 6-8 minutes. Dough should pull away from the side of the bowl, but still be slightly tacky. Put into prepared container or ziploc bag right away. Make sure and spray container or bag with pan spray. Otherwise, you will be fighting a dough stuck in the bag. Put into fridge.Let it set overnight at least, or up to 7 days. Pull from fridge, divide portions you are using and return the rest to the fridge for later. Form and cover.Let it rise until doubled. Bake at 425-450 degrees, on convection if you have it. Prepare as recipe calls for.
Leave a Reply