Simple Monster Halloween Burgers are the perfect way to enjoy a savory dish on an overly sugary holiday! They are simple to make. You can modify these any way you like, and they are totally delicious! Let’s play with our food! Your kids will love this fun project, and unless you are a really boring person, you will enjoy it too!
Making the Hamburger Patties
You can always buy your patties, which would save time. I like to make my own, so I will show you how I do that. If you prefer a veggie option, what about these black bean burgers?? 80/20 ground beef is a favorite here for burgers. I go lean for everything else, but I like a little fatter for burgers!!
Mix well and form into patties.
The Monster Add-ons
The possibilities for decorating your monsters are endless. I will show you what I did for mine, then you can decide what you want to do for yours. We did a bacon tongue. I have seen so many people use pickles, and that looked great, but we really like bacon…so…
For the teeth we used sliced cheddar cheese and cut the teeth into it.
I like the look of the eyes on toothpicks. Just make sure you keep an eye on the kids while they are eating these with the toothpicks!
I sliced a mini bell pepper for the ears. I pushed one end of the toothpick carefully into the bell pepper and the other into the burger.
Assembling the Simple Monster Halloween Burgers
The burgers should have plenty of blood…ketchup for fun effects. (We actually scraped off the ketchup on ours as we hate it :0).
Place on that juicy burger!
Next came the bacon tongue. Or you can use a sliced pickle too.
Our cheddar teeth went on next. We added on even more ketchup. You can add lettuce here too. The green is a fun color as well.
Top that burger and add your eyes.
Add your ears, or horns, or whatever they look like to you.
That is it. So simple, right?? This is such a fun dish to work on with your kids. They will enjoy creating their very own monster!
Are you looking for other Halloween food ideas to go along with these Simple Monster Halloween Burgers? Here are a few to choose from!
Simple Monster Halloween Burgers
- 1 pounds ground beef I generally use 93/6 for all my ground beef, burgers however I love to use a 80/20. So fatty, I know, but also so good!!
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or dried onions
- 1/4 cup panko
Halloween Decor for the Burgers
- sliced cheese I used cheddar and cut it into ridges to look like jagged teeth.
- sliced of cooked bacon or slices of pickles
- ketchup, to look like blood
- olives for the eyes
- lettuce for …well, whatever.
- slices of bell pepper for ears
- small toothpicks for holding decorations
- Preheat pan or grill. I used my cast iron skillet here, so I heated it on medium heat. If you are grilling, heat your grill to 500 degrees.Combine all ingredients and mix well. I like to do this by hand, but it can also be done in a mixer, just don't mix too long. Form into 4 patties. Well, you can make as many as you want. Maybe you are wanting bigger burgers, if so, only make 3. If you are wanting smaller burgers, go for 6. It is up to you! Make sure your patties are pressed together well. Now, place in your pan or on the grill. It is best to only flip once, so make sure you are ready when you do it. We take our's medium, so it is generally 2-3 minutes per side. Once they are finished, start assembling. I added my lettuce to the bottom of the bun, then topped with the burger. I then placed the bacon tongue on the burger hanging down. On top of the bacon was the cheese teeth. Add plenty of ketchup to look like blood. Top with the top bun. Now add your toothpicks to top and place the olives on the toothpicks for eyes. I also broke toothpicks in half to insert the bell pepper ears as shown in post. Just make sure everyone knows to be careful of the toothpicks, we don't want anyone to get hurt.Be creative with this. You can adjust as you like and decorate how you choose. Everyone can have fun with these!Now, sit back and enjoy. Not only are these fun, but they are delicious!