This is the Best Pumpkin Pie Dip for an appetizer, snack, or side for a Halloween party. There is so much to do getting ready for the big day, worrying about a time-consuming dish should not be one of your concerns!
Why You Should Make Dip
Everybody loves a good dip, though this one is a little different! This pumpkin pie dip is an easy pumpkin puree dessert that requires minimal ingredients. And unlike most dips, it’s sweet, not savory.
You might be wondering what you serve with this type of dip. I’ll let you in on a little secret - my favorite thing to dip with a pumpkin pie dip is a ginger snap! But you could always use pretzels, apple slices, or other homemade cookies.
- Softened Cream Cheese- If you are dairy-free or vegan, sub this for a dairy-free version.
- Powdered Sugar
- Pumpkin Puree
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cloves
- Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
How To Make
- Mix cream and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour dip into a bowl. Top with chopped walnuts or pecans, if you choose.
- We served ours with gingersnaps, you can use whatever you like. I have served it with nilla wafers or even apple slices before.
- So simple, right??
You have a couple of options when it comes to puree, and let me explain both.
First, you can buy it canned. This is the easiest option and the one I used for mine. I like Libby's. It is easy to find and has a good flavor.
The second option is you can roast your own pumpkin. It isn't hard but does take a bit of time.
Start with a pumpkin meant for roasting, don't use the decorative pumpkins. I like to sugar pie pumpkins myself, but there are plenty of options.
Start by cutting the pumpkin in half, then remove the seeds. Place both sides face down on the baking sheet and bake at 375 until they are tender. I use a fork to test.
Next, once it has cooled, remove the insides and mash. At this point, I like to cook it in a pan for a while. This will not only cook out the moisture but also sweeten the pumpkin a touch as it reduces.
Once it cools, it is ready to use!
This dip is really easy to make ahead of. Just make sure you keep it refrigerated and covered until you are ready to serve.
I topped my dip with a few chopped pecans. You can also add them into the dip too if you like them. If you aren't into pecans, you could use walnuts if you prefer.
I served mine with gingersnaps, but you could use any cookie or cracker you like- vanilla wafers, pretzels, graham crackers, etc.
On another note, you can switch out the spices for just pumpkin pie spice. I prefer to use individual spices, but if you only have pumpkin pie spice, you can use it. I would use about 2 teaspoons.
Of course not. If you don’t like nuts or someone is allergic to them, you can simply omit them and the dip will taste just fine.
You can. It should keep for a few days after the party. I wouldn’t keep it longer than 5-7 days after it’s been made, though.
You sure can! I would make sure you cook the puree or try and remove the excess water that is in it.
Other Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Milkshake
- Baked Pumpkin donuts with maple glaze
- Pumpkin risotto with bacon
- Hearty Pumpkin and lentil soup
- Tender Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Brioche
- Vegan Graham crackers
Pumpkin Pie Dip with Gingersnaps
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar this is a variable, if you want less, or even more, definitely add it.
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chopped pecans for topping
- Mix cream and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. If you are serving in a pumpkin, get that hollowed out. If you are using a bowl inside the pumpkin, like I did, make sure this will set just inside the pumpkin. If you are not using the bowl in the pumpkin, skip this step!Pour dip into bowl. Top with chopped walnuts, if you choose.We served ours with gingersnaps, you can use whatever you like. I have served it with nilla wafers or even apple slices before.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it.