Here is another idea for an appetizer, snack or side for a Halloween party. There is so much to do getting ready for the big day, worrying about a time consuming dish, should not be one of your concerns!
Start by hollowing out your pumpkin. I really should have bought a bigger pumpkin, but didn’t think about the size of the bowl I was using in relation to the pumpkin. Rookie mistake :). You can always put the dip directly into the pumpkin, but I prefer to put it in a bowl. It is just easier.
Cut until it fits.
Now, add cream cheese and powdered sugar to bowl.
I used this silk yogurt, vanilla. You can use any flavor of yogurt you choose, I think vanilla is best!
Add in remaining ingredients.
Pour into your bowl.
I topped mine with a little chopped walnuts.
If you aren’t into gingersnaps, use another cookie. Homemade or otherwise. Nilla wafers are delicious, as are pretzels or even apple slices.
We couldn’t stay away. You will see.
Pumpkin Pie Dip with Gingersnaps
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar this is a variable, if you want less, or even more, definitely add it.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix cream and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. If you are serving in a pumpkin, get that hollowed out. If you are using a bowl inside the pumpkin, like I did, make sure this will set just inside the pumpkin. If you are not using the bowl in the pumpkin, skip this step!Pour dip into bowl. Top with chopped walnuts, if you choose.We served ours with gingersnaps, you can use whatever you like. I have served it with nilla wafers or even apple slices before.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it.