If you are obsessed with all things pumpkin spice, I have just the milkshake for you! You don’t want to miss this creamy and amazing Simple Pumpkin Milkshake. It comes together in under 15 minutes and has just the right pumpkin flavor.
Why Pumpkin Milkshake?
Well, it is the best of all worlds. You get the warm soothing flavors or real pumpkin and pumpkin spice. You also great the creamy, chilled flavor of a good milkshake. It is the ultimate combo!
- Pumpkin puree- You can make this yourself, or save time and just buy it canned.
- Pumpkin pie spice- Again you can make this mix yourself, I will show the measurements below, or just buy it like I did.
- Vanilla Ice Cream- We all have our favorite ice cream, I love Breyers Vanilla!
- Maple Syrup- I mean, pumpkin and maple are the fall flavor combos, right?
- Whip cream- for topping. This is optional, but really good.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Recipe
If you don’t have the pumpkin spice on hand, no problem, the recipe is quick to put together. 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon cloves, 1/2 teaspoon allspice(omit if you don’t have it).
Mix all ingredients together and store them in an airtight container if you aren’t using it right away.
Notes On The Simple Pumpkin Milkshakes
- If you are buying the pumpkin, make sure you get the PUMPKIN PUREE. There are several brands to choose from, I always go with Libby’s. It is easy to find and I have had great results.
- These are best served right after making. They do not hold well. Luckily, they also don’t take long to make.
- You can also use a dairy-free or even vegan ice cream if you prefer. No problem here.
- If you are looking for a dairy-free topping, you can also whip cold coconut cream to make a whipped topping as well. I will explain that option below.
- You can top it with chopped nuts if you like to. I love walnuts with this shake and candied walnuts are even better.
Making the Pumpkin Milkshakes
Making the pumpkin cheesecake is simple. Add your ice cream, pumpkin puree, milk, and pumpkin pie spice to the blender. Mix it and taste for flavor.
Then add in your maple syrup. I put my measurement recommendations below. But you can always adjust that. Maybe a little more or less depending on what you are into.
Finishing The Pumpkin Milkshake
We love topping our shakes with a good dollop of whip cream. I mean, may as well go all out, right? Another sprinkle of cinnamon is a good idea as well.
There are other options too. I love to top with toasted or candied nuts- pecans and walnuts are my favorite.
FAQ Pumpkin Milkshake
Use a pie pumpkin. Cut it in half and scoop out the seeds. Place the 2 halves upside down on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees until the pumpkin is tender. Remove from oven. Once it is cooled, remove the pumpkin skin. Puree.
Simple! Sub out the dairy ice cream for a vegan option. Then for your whipping topping, use coconut whipped cream.
I do not recommend it. They are best eaten right away.
No! If it isn’t your thing, just omit all together.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Southwestern Veggie Soup With Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Creamy Pumpkin Risotto
- Mini Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze
- Praline Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Pie Dip With Gingersnaps
- Pumpkin Brioche
Simple Pumpkin Milkshake
- 1-1.5 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, use 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- milk, the amount will depend on consistency you like for your shake
- whipped cream optional, but really good on top!
- Add vanilla ice cream to blender. I used almost the whole container of my ice cream, but this will depend on how big your blender is. Now, add in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, maple syrup, and start with a 1/2 cup milk to start. Blend and add more milk and maple syrup as needed. I don't think it needs much more sweetener with the maple syrup, but you may want more. Now, you can use big steins like we did, or normal sized cups. If you use the big steins, you will get 3 from this batch, smaller cups will get you 6 milkshakes. If you want to go all out, top with whipped cream and even a drizzle of caramel sauce. I left that out this time.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!!