Simple Cranberry Goat Cheese Log. When I say simple, I mean simple!! Seriously, this comes together with minimal ingredients and about 5 minutes of your time. Keep reading and let me show you how easy it can be.
What Makes This The Perfect Party Appetizer
The biggest thing this recipe has going for it is flavor. I love the creamy goat cheese, sweet cranberries, walnuts, etc. It is the perfect medley of flavors.
Another thing is it is so simple to make. This is a great last-minute appetizer as you can buy a few ingredients and roll them all together. It is ready to go in about 5 minutes. That makes it a great party food for the busy hostess.
- Goat Cheese Log- If you have a decent grocery store near you, you should have plenty of options when it comes to the goat cheese logs. Choose your favorite.
- Dried Fruit- I used cranberries, but you could also use dried cherries or dried blueberries. I like the sweetness of the dried fruit as opposed to fresh. Plus it is so much easier to work with on this log.
- Nuts- I used walnuts, but toasted pecans or even toasted hazelnuts would be really good too.
- Honey- The sweet drizzle of honey on this appetizer is so delicious. I promise you do not want to leave this out!
- Other Ingredients- I also used pepitas, a little parsley for color, and poppyseeds. I loved these, but remember, you can add anything you like!
Rolling The Goat Cheese Log
I like to spread all my ingredients I will be rolling the log in on a piece of saran wrap. It keeps everything contained and makes clean-up simple!
Next, take your log and press onto the ingredients, rolling as you go. You will need to press pretty firm to get it to stick.
Whatever is left on the saran wrap, I like to sprinkle on top or press in with my fingers.
Sprinkle generously with the poppy seeds. I do this after, as I don't feel like they stick as well when you roll it with the other ingredients.
The last step is to drizzle it generously with honey. Don't be shy here, go for it!
Making It Ahead
See, I told you it was easy. All of this is ready in a matter of minutes!
You can easily make this up ahead of time and wrap it well in the fridge. I wouldn't make it more than 4 hours ahead though. Do not drizzle with the honey though, save that until right before serving.
What To Serve This With
I love to use a whole cracker for serving. They are hearty and pair really well with the creamy goat cheese.
If you want, you can also use crusty french bread and make these into more of a crostini.
Wanting to keep it simpler? You can always go for pretzel twists or even pretzel bites. My kids love it this way.
I used Manuka Honey for my log. If you have never tried it, I would highly recommend it. I and bought this from friends of mine from New Zealand, Steen's Manuka Honey. They are a great company and I was happy to support them!
Other Appetizer Ideas
Are you planning a get-together and looking for other appetizer ideas? Let me share a few I love!
- These broccoli and cheddar bites are so delicious. I could eat these anytime!
- Butternut and Bacon Toasties are also a favorite around here.
- Simple Vegetable Rounds are something you won't be able to resist either!
- Filet and Burrata Crostini– If Crostini are your thing, you are going to love this crostini!
- Marinated Feta– I love serving this marinated feta on appetizer platters. Plus, it is make-ahead, so super simple to do!
- Roasted Tomato Caprese– One of my all-time favorite hot appetizers. It is so simple to make and delicious.
- Butternut and Bacon Toasties– For a heartier appetizer, consider this option!
- Asparagus wrapped in Puff pastry– I can eat so many of these, I really should make it a meal
Simple Goat Cheese Appetizer
- 4 ounce log goat cheese
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or other nut of choice
- ⅓ cup craisins or other dried fruit of choice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ cup manuka honey or other honey of choice.
- Place chopped walnuts, craisins, pepitas, and parsley on a parchment sheet, saran wrap, plate, or even on the countertop if you don't mind the mess. Spread them evenly about the width of your log.
- Roll the log over the ingredients, pressing gently to secure.
- Sprinkle with the poppy seeds. If you want to make this ahead of time, stop here. Wrap it well and it will hold for about 4-6 hours in the fridge.
- When you are ready to serve, drizzle generously with the honey.
- Serve with your favorite crackers and try not to eat it all yourself!