Simple Goat Cheese Appetizer. When I say simple, I mean simple!! Seriously, this comes together with minimal ingredients and barely any time at all! Keep reading and let me show you how easy it can be.
Rolling The Goat Cheese Log
First, decide what you want to roll your log in. You can use any variation of nuts and dried fruits you choose. I went with Craisins, pepitas, chopped walnuts, a little parsley for color, and poppy seeds. With the poppy seeds, I sprinkled them on after. Again, if these aren’t your thing, choose something else. I love to toast nuts as well for this. Toasted pecans are a personal favorite. Lay the ingredients out on a piece of parchment, saran wrap, or even on the countertop. I wanted a quick clean-up, so I used saran wrap.
Now, take your goat cheese roll and roll it over the ingredients.
You will need to press gently to get everything to stick. Just be careful not to press too hard and break up your log. If your log is a little dry, you may need to press the nuts and fruits in with your fingers.
Sprinkle generously with the poppy seeds. I do this after, as I don’t feel like they stick as well when you roll it with the other ingredients.
The Simple Goat Cheese Appetizer Log
See, I told you it was easy. All of this ready in a matter of minutes! You can easily make this up ahead of time and wrap it well in the fridge. I wouldn’t make it more than 4 hours ahead though.
The last step is to drizzle generously with honey. I love Manuka Honey and bough this from my friends of mine from New Zealand, Steen’s Manuka Honey. They are a great company and I was happy to support them!
The Finished Simple Goat Cheese Appetizer
You are done! Now, this is best served with your favorite whole grain crackers. I promise it will be hard to stay away!
Other Appetizer Ideas
Are you planning a get-together and looking for other appetizer ideas? Let me share a few I love!
- These broccoli and cheddar bites are so delicious. I could eat these anytime!
- Butternut and Bacon Toasties are also a favorite around here.
- Simple Vegetable Rounds are something you won’t be able to resist either!
Simple Goat Cheese Appetizer
- 4 ounce log goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or other nut of choice
- 1/3 cup craisins or other dried fruit of choice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup manuka honey or other honey of choice.
- Place chopped walnuts, craisins, pepitas, and parsley on a parchment sheet, saran wrap, plate, or even on the countertop if you don't mind the mess. Spread them evenly about the width of your log. Roll the log over the ingredients, pressing gently to secure. Sprinkle with the poppy seeds. If you want to make this ahead of time, stop here. Wrap it well and it will hold for about 4-6 hours in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, drizzle generously with the honey. Serve with your favorite crackers and try not to eat it all yourself!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!