Easy-To-Make Marinated Feta. Looking for a next-level addition to your charcuterie board that is simple and low pressure? This feta is sure to upgrade any hors d’oeuvre display, plus it is so easy to make!
Components Of The Easy-To-Make Marinated Feta
What You’ll Need:
- Good quality olive oil is essential for the Feta. I used Moires Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil as it is my favorite oil to work with, the quality is out of this world.
- It is best to find a good block of fresh feta, the better the quality the more satisfying your Marinated Feta will be. Feta is great for your bone health as it is an amazing source of calcium and phosphorus, feel good about your cheese!
- Green Olives- I find Lindsey Green Olives a milder flavor my family prefers.
- Herbs of choice. I use Rosemary and Thyme. You can use other herbs, but I prefer heartier herbs that will hold up well in your olive oil as time goes on.
- Crushed red pepper. You can even throw in some black peppercorns.
- Storage jar or container. I used this pretty jar. Wide mouth containers are better to use as the ingredients are so much easier to use.
Why Does The Quality Of Your Olive Oil Matter?
Yes!! There are so many reasons to look into the quality of your olive oil. I personally use Moire's Life Olive Oil for many reasons. It is an extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). This means is it unrefined. This is important when you are looking for quality in any food. The region your olive comes from is also important. Moire's is grown and bottled all the beautiful Kalamata region of Greece. The flavor is exceptional.
How To Marinate Your Feta
Making this dish is so simple. Layer in all your ingredients- the feta, olives, herbs, and seasonings. Then pour your olive oil over the top of your ingredients.
When you finish move the jar to our fridge Allow your feta to set for at least 5 days inside your fridge. This will ensure that the flavors will blend together as best they can. You can see in the video below how I put mine together.
Leftover Olive Oil
When you have finished the feta and olives, do not toss the olive oil! The left-over oil is ideal for salad dressings, drizzle over foods, or cooking with. The flavor is exceptional!
Gift Ideas For Easy-To-Make Marinated Feta
If you are looking for the perfect, homemade gift for your friends or family. What about the marinated feta? It is beautiful and so thoughtful. Or maybe you have a new neighbor. Isn't food the best welcome gift? Coworkers? Yes, everyone will love this! This serving jar is beautiful on its own, or if you are creative, you can always tie it up with raffia or ribbon.
Serving Ideas For Easy-To-Make Marinated Feta
There are so many great uses for this marinated feta, let me share a few that we love:
- Charcuterie boards are such a great way to display and use the feta. Your friends and family will love this!
- In your salads. It is so simple to add this feta and the green olives to your but what a flavor boost they add!
- Served as tapas. A simple skewer through a cube of feta and green olive is perfect!
- The feta and olives also make a delicious topping to your favorite bread or crackers.
- How about adding these to your favorite sandwich, wrap, or burger?
- Don't want to mess with anything else? I love snacking on these just like they are.
Other Simple Appetizers
If you are looking for some other simple appetizer, let me give you a few suggestions- How about an amazing Roasted Tomato Caprese? This is a favorite for a hot app that is simple to put together! This simple spring pea dip is also a fun appetizer to make. It comes together with minimal effort and is delicious. Spring Rolls are a favorite of mine too! How about a light salad for your appetizer? This superfoods salad will keep you healthy and it is so yummy!
Easy-To-Make Marinated Feta
- jar for storage and display, cutting board, knife
- 6 ounces block feta
- 1 cup whole green olives
- 2 springs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 cup olive oil I recommend Moire's Life
- Cut feta into ½-1 inch chunks. Layer feta, olives, and herbs in jar. I like to arrange them in a pretty way. Pour olive oil over all. Place in fridge and allow it to marinate for at least 5 days. Serve as desired- charcuterie board, tapas, salads, main dish, etc. This will hold well in the fridge for at least 3 weeks. Remember not to discard your olive oil, it is fantastic to drizzle over salads or use for cooking. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!
At least 3 weeks. But, if it is sealed well, I would say 4-5 weeks easily.
You can also make this recipe with just the feta, olive oil, and green olives. Simple.
Yes. When you are not using it, because of the cheese, you need to keep it refrigerated.
Klamata olive are really delicious in this as well. If you prefer, you can also use black olives.
It doesn't. Feta and the olives are already very salty. If you still feel like you want to add some, go for it!