Start with the best, fresh strawberries you can find.
Chop or run through the food processor like I did.
Zest lemons and squeeze lemon juice.
Mix milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, oil and eggs
In separate small bowl, combine flour baking powder and salt. Then combine the dry ingredients and wet. Mix only until combined.
Next, mix in strawberries. Again, only until combined.
I used a piping bag to fill donut pans. It’s so much easier.
I cut my tip a little too big, so it was a bit messy.
Bake only until barely baked. They will continue to cook after they are removed from oven.
Let them cool only a few minutes in the pan, you don’t want the donuts to get soggy.
Let them cook completely on the rack.
Next, dip in the glaze. It’s very thin.
Aren’t they beautiful?? They also taste amazing!
Sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!
You’ll never be able to resist just one, or 2…maybe even a dozen! They were amazing!
Strawberry Lemonade Mini Donuts
- 1/2 cup milk I used, unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoon oil or fat of choice
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped fine I used my food processor
Lemon strawberry glaze
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup strawberries, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Prep donut pans. In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.In larger bowl, mix milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, eggs, vanilla and sugar.Add dry to wet and combine. Last step is adding the strawberries. Careful not to over mix.Pipe into pans. You can spoon it in as well, but it takes forever. I prefer to pipe. The donuts will bake fast, so keep an eye on them. Mine took about 7 minutes. I under bake them just a touch. Let them cool for just a minute or 2 before removing from pans. Then let them cool on the cooling rack.While they are cooling, mix ingredients for glaze. If you need to, add more powdered sugar or if you need to thin it down, add more lemon juice or milk.Dip donuts in glaze and let them drip down. Eat fairly soon. The glaze is delicious, but it also makes them soggy. If you plan to make these ahead, wait until the last minute to glaze.Sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!