Energy bites, or balls have become a pretty big deal in our house this past year. These Peanut Butter and Chocolate Energy Balls are my boys absolute favorites! I love them a lot myself!
They are made entirely in the food processor, no baking and are ready to go within minutes. Y’all, does it get any better? I love my Cuisinart and have used it for YEARS.
I like to use a base of oats. They are inexpensive and totally healthy.
My boys love creamy peanut butter, so this is what I use. Crunchy works really well, as do other nut butters.
I threw in a few roasted peanuts as well, as I had just a few in a container I needed to use up.
I used maple syrup for the sweetener and also for liquid.
Put lid on food processor or blender.
Mix until ingredients are combined. Last step is adding in chocolate chips.
Not, only post this for just a minute. You don’t want the chocolate chips to break up very much at all!
You might notice a few things here- the chocolate chips are well blended, but they are also still whole. If you are like me, you want to taste the chocolate!
Now, start scooping them on to a parchment lined tray. You don’t have to use a portion scoop, unless you are anal like me. 🙂
I also like to roll these into round smooth balls. Again, I think I am just a touch anal.
Finished balls. Place them in the fridge to set. Then store in an airtight container. They are good for at least 5 days. I am saying this hypothetically speaking, as ours have never last this long. Ever.
My boys have been taking these to school for awhile and loving them! Their friends do too.
Who am I kidding? I love them just as well.
Oh, and don’t forget the hubs. He is so obsessed with them too. Anything with peanut butter and chocolate is good for him.
If these aren’t what you are looking for, I also have a recipe for chocolate coconut bites as well. These were so good! These raspberry coconut bites were so good too! These strawberry bites are so delicious too. They are even made with fresh berries.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Energy Balls
- Food processor or blender
- 3 cups regular oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds this is optional, but a great healthy add in
- 3/4 cup maple syrup Now, this is a variable, you might need more
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, chunks or even cacoa nibs
- Add oats, peanut butter, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla and salt to blender or food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are combined. If it feels too dry, add in a little water, about 2 tablespoons at a time. You don't want it to be dry, but you also don't want them to be too sticky. Once it is combined, add in chocolate. Pulse this only 2 or 3 times to incorporate. You don't want to break up the chocolate chips or chunks too much. Now, scoop into balls. I like to roll mine until they are smooth. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and into the fridge to chill for at least an hour. From here, store in an airtight container. I imagine they will hold at least 5 days, although I cannot verify this as they have never lasted that long in my house!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!