I had some leftover pumpkin puree left over, just sitting in my fridge. I hate to let food go to waste if I can help it, so added it to a banana bread recipe I like- with a few modifications. It was so tender and flavorful. It has definitely made it onto our regular recipes list!
Beat the butter and sugar together.
Add eggs, honey, pumpkin, banana, orange juice and vanilla to mix.
Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl. Mix the 2, only until combined.
I baked mine in the bundt pan. I just love that shape!
Wait until it’s cooled a bit before slicing, this will keep it from falling apart. Then, slice and enjoy!
Pumpkin banana bread
- 1 cup ripe,mashed bananas. I used about 2 1/2 bananas
- 6 tablespoons butter- room temp
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, or light
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease either a 8 1/2″x 4 1/2″ pan, or a small bundt pan plus a few mini loaf pans- like I did.In large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Mix for several minutes until light. Next, add in honey, eggs, pumpkin, banana, orange juice ( orange juice helps take out the bitter whole wheat taste) and vanilla. Mix these until combined also. Careful not to overmix. Once you add in the eggs, this is where it’s easy to overmix.In separate, smaller bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.Combine wet with the dry and mix only until the come together. Remember not to overmix.Bake the bundt cake or pan for 45-60 minutes, depending on thickness. Remember to pull this a little before it is baked all the way through. It will continue to cook even after you pull it from the oven. Wait until it is cool. Serve and enjoy!