If you love spicy foods, you are going to live this simple and spicy sriracha salt. It is so easy to make and adds a spicy kick to any dish.
Why make the spicy sriracha salt?
If you are a person who loves spicy foods, this sriracha salt is a great way to add a little kick to the dish you are making. It comes together quickly and holds well for several months.
Ingredients to the spicy sriracha salt
There are only two ingredients to this salt.
- Kosher salt
- Sriracha sauce
Notes on making the sriracha salt
- Kosher salt or any coarser salt works best. I have found that this type holds up better when making the salt
- The salt will clump up a little while baking. Don't worry about this though, just break it apart after done baking.
- Make sure it is stored in an airtight container.
- Because there are no additives in this salt, it will clump a little over time, so you will have to break it up again if you plan to store it.
How long will the sriracha salt last?
This salt holds well for up to 2-3 months. It will clump a little over time, as noted above, but just break it up again whenever that starts to happen.
What can I use the sriracha salt on?
The possibilities are endless for this spicy sriracha salt. It is perfect to season any kind of meat or fish. We love it on our burgers, or on our popcorn to give a spicy little kick. It's also great to season your vegetables with, flavor your mashed potatoes, or anything like that.
Process for making the sriracha salt
The process for making this salt is very simple. What you're going to do is mix your salt and sriracha sauce well until they are completely combined. Then spread it thinly across a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake it until it dries, and then break up the chunks. You can use a food processor if you prefer, or a knife or anything else works too. Store in an airtight container until you are ready to use.
This sriracha salt makes the perfect gift, there are several different containers you can order at amazon or in your local store to hold the sriracha salt. It's a great gift for Father's Day, or in a cooking basket for someone that you love.
Sriracha sauce is a tangy-sweet hot sauce made from chili peppers, garlic, and distilled vinegar.
Iodized salt is a smaller grain, and so I feel like it doesn't hold up as well, and doesn't blend well either.
In our family, we love spicy foods, and we consider this medium spice. If you aren't used to spicy foods however you might think it is much spicier.
- Epic salmon burger
- Steak and mushroom bites
- Mushroom burger with caramelized onions
- Teriyaki chicken burger
- Turkey and sprouts sandwich
- Breakfast hash
- Green goddess pasta salad
- 1 cup kosher salt you can use a different salt if you prefer
- ⅓-1 cup sriracha sauce I put this as a variable as you can decide how spicy you want the salt. We use a 1 cup salt to ¾ cup sriracha sauce ratio
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.Prepare a parchment lined baking sheet and set aside.Combine salt and sauce. Mix well to evenly distribute the sauce. Pour salt onto baking sheet and spread as evenly as you can. Place in oven and allow to cook at 300 for about 5-10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave the oven door closed. Now, the amount of time it takes to dry out your salt will depend on how much sauce you put in. Mine took about an hour. In the time I chose above, I said it could take up to 2. This will also depend on the humidity in the air, etc. I just touched the salt to see if it was dry enough. Once the salt is dry, remove from oven. Now, to break up the chunks, use a food processor or blender to break it up. I have a small food processor I like to use. Don't over pulse, you still want small chunks and not dust. Next, store in an airtight container and use as desired. I showed how to use it on popcorn, you can also use it in place of you regular salt when you salt veggies, meats or anything else. The possibilities are endless.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!