Need a super simple appetizer for St. Patrick's Day? These shamrock chips with jalapeno cheddar dip are so easy and quick to put together. These hardest part is just cutting the shamrocks.
I used Mission low carb spinach herb tortillas. Not that I am interested in low carb, it was just the spinach tortillas I could find.
Here are the shamrock cookie cutter I used. It would have been easier with a cookie cutter that had a little thicker stem though.
Line sheet pan with parchment and place the shamrocks on pan.
Brush with olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt.
Now, start on your dip. This is quick as well. I love to use Greek yogurt in everything. It is so high in protein I just love it.
I also, always put in just a little mayo. I know it isn't healthy, but I usually only use 1-2 tablespoons.
Add in cream cheese as well and mix until smooth.
Next, is grated cheese. A sharp cheddar is perfect for this.
Chop your jalapenos. If you prefer something with less heat, use green chilis.
Mix it all together.
Season with salt and pepper.
Pour into oven safe dish.
Top with remaining cheese.
Here are the finished chips.
I just realized the baked chips and cheese dip are kind of ugly colors :).
Even though it was kind of ugly, it was so good. The dip had just the right amount of spice!
Y'all, so cheesy!
Shamrock Chip with Cheddar Jalapeno Dip
- 4-6 spinach tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to season and taste
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise If you are not into mayo, definitely just omit.
- 3 tablespoons lowfat cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cup cheddar, grated I prefer to grate myself as the pre shredded cheese never melts as well. I also love a sharp cheddar, but use your cheddar of choice.
- ½-1 cup chopped jalapenos If you are looking for a less spicy dip, use green chilis.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add Greek Yogurt, cream cheese and mayo to a small mixing bowl. I used a 4 cup measuring bowl. Mix until smooth. I used my hand mixer for this, but certainly use whatever you are most comfortable using. Next add in 1 cup grated cheddar and peppers. Mix until incorporated. Next pour into an oven safe dish. You can see from the post, my container is about 2 cups. Place in oven and bake until bubbly and lightly browned. While the dip is baking, start your chips. Place tortillas on cutting board. I layered 2 tortillas together and cut this way. Make sure and press until the cookie cutter has cut through. It will take a little wiggling. Next, put all chips on parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in the same 375 degree oven as the dip. Bake until lightly golden brown. These are thin, so it won't take long. They should both be coming out about the same time. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!!