Tortellini salad is a great, quick and tasty dish. The tortellini is store bought, so this speeds up the process immensely.
Start with the pasta. Boil as directed on package.
Once cooked, drain and rinse in cool water.
Set aside. And start prepping veggies.
I seeded the cucumbers. This isn’t necessary, but I like to do it.
I used cucumbers,broccoli, spinach, bell pepper, olives and red onions.
For the dressing, I used a lemon balsamic and a herb infused olive oil. I bought both at Olivin. If you are interested, I can highly recommend them!
If you are used to using regular pasta in your salads, and haven’t tried tortellini, I think you should!
Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it.
- 20 ounce package tortellini
- 6 cups veggies of choice this is up to you. I used broccoli, cucumbers, red onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped olives
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 3/4 cup feta or other cheese of choice. I also love a fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing This can be homemade or storebought. My favorite store bought Italian dressing is Newman's family Italian.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pasta as directed. Drain. Rinse with cold water, set aside.Chop veggies. Combine veggies, cheese, pepperoni in large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and mix carefully with a rubber spatula. Salt and pepper to taste. If you need more dressing, add it. This is all to taste. Serve immediately or chill. This is a great make ahead meal.