This Watermelon And Jicama Salad is the perfect summer salad. It is hydrating and comes together in under 20 minutes!
What Makes This Watermelon Salad So Good?
This salad has all the flavors you need. The combination of watermelon, jicama, cucumber, mint, and lime is perfect. The texture is crunchy and sweet and brings everything together.
Another great thing about this watermelon and jicama salad is how hydrating it is. Summer days can be hot, and you need a salad like this to cool off with.
If you are looking for a salad that takes forever to prepare, this is not the meal for you. This salad is ready to enjoy in under 20 minutes.
- Watermelon- Watermelon is such a great summer fruit, and is one of my favorites.
- Jicama- Jicama is another tasty addition to this salad. It is crunchy and blends perfectly with the watermelon.
- Cucumbers- I went with English cucumbers in this recipe, but you can use whatever kind you like.
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Fresh Lime Juice
How To Make The Salad
What Is Jicama
Jicama is a root vegetable that looks like a golden-brown globe. It is also known as the yam bean, Chinese turnip, and Mexican potato.
Jicama originates from Mexico, but can also be found in the Philippines and Asia. It's juicy and crunchy, almost like an apple, but the flavor is more like a cross between a potato and a pear.
To prepare the jicama, start by washing it. Then, peel it with a knife or potato skinner. Now, cut, and your jicama is ready!
Notes On Making This Watermelon and Jicama Salad
This salad is best eaten within a few days. The watermelon doesn't hold well for longer than that.
You can cut the watermelon in any shape you want, I used a melon baller for the round shape, but you can use whatever shape you prefer. You can use chunks, wedges, or even strips.
If you are looking to change the flavor of this recipe, you can also a touch of chili powder if you want after you add the lime juice. This makes the salad a little spicy and sweet, and super delicious!
This salad is best served chilled. When it is warm, the watermelon will get a little soggy, and won't have the texture you want.
Other Salad Recipes
- Peach caprese salad
- Mediterranean lentil salad
- Green goddess pasta salad
- Fruit and microgreen salad
- Strawberry basil salad
- Shaved brussel sprout salad
- Vegetarian couscous salad
- Carrot salad
- Superfood salad
Watermelon and Jicama Salad
- 6 cups watermelon I used a melon baller, but you can cut your watermelon anyway you want.
- 2 cups jicama I cut mine until sticks, but you can cut yours anyway you like.
- 2 cup cucumbers, sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt optional. If you like the sweet and salty combo sprinkle with a touch of salt.
- chili powder optinional again. This is if you like the sweet and spicy combo
- Combine all ingedients with a rubber spatula so your don't break it up.
- If you are using the chili powder and salt, LIGHTLY spinkle them on now.
- That is it!! Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it.